“Doing Life with Your Adult Children” Study Group
September 13 @ 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Starting Tuesday, September 13, we will have a 7-session study group on building an adult-to-adult relationship with your children. The sessions will be based on the book “Doing Life with Your Adult Children” by Jim Burns, which you can purchase at the Welcome Desk after services.
Indeed, if you have an adult child, you know that parenting doesn’t end when your child reaches the age of eighteen. In many ways, it gets more complicated. Both your heart and your head are as involved as ever, whether your child lives under your roof or rarely stays in contact.
In this course, we will explore practical tips to questions such as:
- Is it okay to give advice to my grown child?
- What’s the difference between helping financially and enabling?
- What boundaries should I set it my child moves back home?
- How do I relate to my grown child’s significant other?
- How can I support my grown children when I don’t support their values?
We will also explore principles for bringing your children back to faith, how to leave a legacy as a grandparent, and encouragement for every season.