Community Church Policy Regarding the Coronavirus
“ Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
The following is our policy regarding the implications of the Coronavirus on church activities. While we do not want to ‘partner with fear’, we do want to exercise appropriate caution and do our part in helping to contain the virus in Hong Kong. The situation is obviously dynamic, and so we will be reviewing these policies as more information emerges.
Let’s continue to pray steadfastly for our city, and through the power of the Holy Spirit be a ‘non-anxious’ presence in our city, offering the peace of Jesus Christ, which has the power to ‘guard our hearts and our minds.’
Sunday Services: We will be offering both in-person and online Worship Services at 9:30 and 11:30. Feel free to share our Youtube link to invite your friends and family to join us online.
Shine Kids ministry: We will have Shine in-person at the 9:30 service only. We will ensure proper social distancing and will be limited to 50% capacity. Shine Zoom will continue at 11am, and, as always, our regular Shine Online video links will be sent via email. We hope that our Shine Kids are able to connect with God and one another via one of these platforms.
Please contact Marilee for more information.
Spectrum Youth ministry: Spectrum Youth are now meeting in person with activities planned with caution, hope and with our youths’ health, safety and well-being top of mind.
If you have any questions, thoughts or concerns, please contact Grace.
Lifegroups and meetings : Lifegroup meetings and other meetings at the church premises, please note the following:
1. For your lifegroup to meet on site, it will have to be “a private gathering by invitation only.” This means that you will need to (a) make a list of who will be attending the meeting and this list is to be made before the meeting and (b) have an attendance record showing who actually attended the meeting.
2. If your meeting has more than 4 persons, then strictly no food & drinks allowed.
3. Facemasks will be required at all times.
4. Please do a temperature check on everyone who attends the meeting. You can use your own thermometer or you can use the one we are providing. It is located next to the Nespresso machine in the pantry. Please put it back after you’re done so that other groups can use it.
5. Please do continue to practise good hygiene and safe distancing.
Church events: Church in person events will be cancelled or postponed until further notice. However many church events will carry on via zoom, please check our website or egoodnews for details.
Prayer: Please continue to pray daily for our city, for our church, for all those in the mainland and around the world who have been affected by this virus. Pray especially for our leaders to make wise decisions and for the healthcare professionals who are on the frontline. Pray for our church that we might lead with wisdom and calm while modeling appropriate caution, and that we might be an expression of Jesus’ love and peace during this challenging time in our city. Finally, let us know if there are ways we can be praying for you and/or your family by emailing. It’s important that we come alongside one other in prayer.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact the church office or one of the pastors. We will continue to keep a close eye on the developments of the virus, and will communicate updates as appropriate.