At Community Church we hold to the historic beliefs of the Christian church. We declare with Christians around the globe the proclamation of faith as expressed in the Apostles Creed.
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended to the dead.* On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
*or “he descended into hell,” another translation of this text in widespread use.
We are also a church with people from many Christian traditions, but we are united by Christ and hold fast to the following beliefs:
- Trinity: We believe the God of the bible is the only true God-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Salvation by Grace: We believe a person comes into a right relationship with God by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Authority of the Bible: We believe the bible is the Word of God and has the right to command our beliefs and actions.
- Personal God: We believe God is involved in and cares about my daily life.
- Identity in Christ: We believe we are significant because of our position as a children of God.
- Church: We believe the church is God’s primary way to accomplish his purposes on earth.
- Humanity: We believe all people are loved by God and need Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Compassion: We believe God calls all Christians to show compassion to those in need.
- Eternity: We believe there is a heaven and a hell, and believe Jesus Christ is returning to judge the earth and establish his eternal kingdom.
- Stewardship: We believe everything we are or own belongs to God.